Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Storm- Elemental #1

 
Summary- One day Becca Chandler saved the handsome and popular guy, Chris Merrick from being beaten up. Because of that they got close, and she was introduced to the Merrick brothers. They're good looking alright, but not all of them seems to like her. If anything, they seemed suspicious, not that she understood why. But she doesn't know either that these boys are Elementals. They each could control an element- Fire. Earth. Water. Air. But having power doesn't come without a price. They are being hunted by the mysterious Guides, and somehow Becca is caught in this battle. Not mentioning, the new, hot guy in her class- Hunter. He seems like the safe option, not confusing like Chris. But it doesn't mean that he doesn't have his own secrets....
 

Uhh yeah...if you haven't realised yet, I've read the 2nd book first before this one~
But ehh it made sense. Anyway, I liked this book too, but it wasn't as good as the 2nd one. I'll probably rate this one 3.5/5. Yeah not bad, but it's just that there's a love triangle. And if there's anything that I hate in a book, it's a love triangle. So well, I kinda skimmed some pages just to avoid it :P

So well, you know what? This series actually remind me of the Nickelodeon series- Avatar. Not the James Cameron movie, but the cartoon one with Aang. Yeah, I totally love that series :D  So what, if it's technically for kids? It's still really awesome. Anyway, back to this book. So now that I've read the 1st book, some gaps in the 2nd book made more sense. Like what happened to the Merrick brothers' parents. I feel sorry for them actually, (I know they'll hate me for that) because they're still young, yet they had to live by themselves. The characters are pretty cool as well, although I still like Gabriel and Layne better. I really feel bad for Becca with what happened in her past. It must be very hard for her to go to school after that event... (yeah I'm not going to ruin it for you :P )
But I think Becca is also strong in her own way, especially because THAT happened to her. Ehh I don't think I can blame her for choosing Hunter at the start. He was like the easy and safe option for her. I know it sounds bad, but Chris wasn't exactly an easy guy to like. Haha he was quite complicated I guess~
It still doesn't change the fact that I hated the love triangle! :(
I'm glad at the end she ended up choosing Chris. Because if she didn't....I'll metally kick her! Haha but she did choose him, so good for her!! ^^

Well it was a good read too, and I really want to read the 3rd book now~ It's coming out next year and it's about Hunter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment