Sunday, November 25, 2012

Losing Lila- Lila #2

So, as I've said earlier, here's the review for Losing Lila. The summary is -
Following the events of Hunting Lila, Alex and Lila are now on the run. Alex wants to keep Lila as far away from The Unit as possible. However, Lila wants to save her brother and her mother whom are held prisoners by The Unit. However, Lila finally decides to stop running, and fight instead. She persuaded Alex to join Desmos' team, who she now thinks is family. Lila plans not only to save her brother and mum, but also to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. But the plan requires Lila to return to California alone, and to make friends with the enemy - and in doing so, she risks losing everything: Alex, her family… even her life.

Yup, I've rated this book 5/5. See, even though the 1st book wasn't spectacular, this book was way~ better. I loved the story line (as usual), and I felt that the characters are more developed. Often with series, I find that the 2nd book is not as good as the 1st book. However, it was the opposite for this series. Losing Lila pretty much jumped staright into action, which had me hooked.

Lila is no longer the girl who only thinks about Alex. Although, she still thinks about him a lot. Alex meanwhile, is no longer the perfect-but-unrealistic kind of guy. Which for me, is awesome. He now gets angry too and he does get into fights with Lila. Overall, I liked him way better than from the 1st book.

Now, to the story itself. I loved it. The solution to the problem with the whole drug thing was kind of random, but if it works...then what the hell.
As for surprises, I suppose I pretty much expected them. Firstly, with Jack being Demos' son. Okay, I don't know why but since book 1 I had a feeling that Demos was somehow related to Jack and Lila. Don't ask me why, I just did. Maybe it's from Demos' actions, or maybe it was just an instinct kind of thing...
Secondly, with Sara being one of the bad guys. Now, this I totally expected. I was mentally screaming, that I got it right. At the start, I liked Sara and I thought that she was a really nice girl. But then at the end of the 1st book, somehow I just had a feeling she isn't exactly a good person. Both me and my friend had this feeling, we even talked about it. And what do you know, we were right!

Anyways, it was a really, really good read. If you enjoy adventure, action, mixecd with romance, you should definetly read this book!

I'm wondering though, if there's going to be a 3rd book. The ending in this book resolved most problems, but there were still some puzzles left unsolved. For example, where the heck is Richard?
Am I the only one who's thinking that he's somehow going to come back???

No comments:

Post a Comment