Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hunting Lila- Lila #1


So, this is another great adventure romance story. So far two books have been released for this series- Hunting Lila and Losing Lila. I will do a separate review for Losing Lila.

Firstly, the summary-
So, Lila is a 17 year old girl who discovered that she had an unusual power. She is able to move things by looking at them (telekinetic). She had been living with her father, but when she discovered her power, she decided to move to her brother's house. Her brother Jack lives in South California with Lila's childhood friend and love interest, Alex. They work for a secret organisation called The Unit. As she lived with them, she found out that the two had been looking for the man who murdered her mother 5 years ago. However as she digs deeper into The Unit's secrets, she found out that not everything is as it seemed to be...

So overall I gave this book a rating of about 3.5- 4 out of 5. I really liked it, it was a good book but there were some things I didn't like in it. Let's go to the good things first.

It was an interesting plot, something that's not very common. That's good because I really hate it when all books are about the exact same thing. I liked the idea of The Unit. It was interesting, and believable. I guess you can think of them of like...the FBI or something~ So I liked that this book was set in today's time. It's kinda cool as I read, to think that whoa...maybe there are people around me with that kind of powers? Haha it was cool. Alright, before I go to the things I didn't like, please keep in mind that I'm just being VERY critical. I read this book with very high expectations, so I kinda noted pretty much every single thing I didn't like about it. However, this doesn't mean it's a bad book. In fact, it is a very good book. And well, the second book is even better (as I will write in my next review :] )

So, in this book I didn't like Lila's personality. She just seemed kinda whiny for some reason. I hated the fact that everything with her revolved around Alex. I understand that she has liked him since like.....forever. But seriously, there are other things to worry about you know~ It was up to the point it was getting very annoying. During most of the book, Lila mentioned Alex one way or the other. I just felt like, 'geez think about something else already'. She hardly even thought about Jack, who is her brother. Secondly, I didn't like Alex either. Nah, he's a good guy...in fact he was kinda too perfect. He's good looking, strong, works in a secret organisation, smart, kind etc. Yeah that's very great, but really no one is perfect. Alex was too nice in this book, that it felt fake. I felt that there were many times where he should've gotten angry with Lila, but he didn't. I mean he was trained for The Unit, but he was so~ kind. Kinda unbelievable to me.
Before I go on, this third thing is a spoiler, so don't read further if you don't wanna know.

Okay the third thing I didn't like was the fact that Demos' group turned out to be good, but The Unit is the bad one. I'm not sure if I liked that idea. Sure, it was a great twist, but I don't know.......
They just seemed way too nice for people who did some heavy crimes. Yeah they're good at heart, but they are still criminals. Some of their personalities I think were just way too nice for a criminal group. The way that Lila believed them was way too easy. I expected something more. I guess it would've been nice to think that Demos' group are bad just for a little bit longer.....

But anyway, as I said before, please don't straight away think that this is a bad book. It's a great series, and I really, really recommend it. Especially, since the second book gets way~ better than this one! :]





No comments:

Post a Comment