Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wander Dust

Firstly, if you're looking for the review of 'The Fault in Our Stars', I'm sorry but I haven't finished reading it yet. I've been trying to study for my exams, and I also want to do other things too you know...XD I can tell you though, that it's really interesting so far.

So, this post is gonna be for a book that I read a while ago. It's called 'Wander Dust'. Unfortunately though, this book wasn't particularly my favourite book.

Don't take me wrong, it wasn't bad. It just didn't hook me all the way, so it took me a while to finish it. I actually had high hopes for this book, especially because I really like the cover.

The main summary is that Seraphina realised one day that she had a special power. One that scares her, but could potentialy help her in getting what she wants- to see her mother again. However, she is being followed by the Lady in Black, the Grugy Gang, and a mysterious, yet very handsome boy. One day Sera moved to Chicago where her aunt lives. Her aunt then revealed to her a family secret that led her to an adventure filled with choices and surprises...

Yup, it is a pretty good plot right? That's why I got it out at the first place anyway. I loved the superpower idea because it's not just the cliched ones. I liked how they had to be a team, and how Sera's team members are all so different to each other. The idea of a Protector, a Seer and a Wanderer confused me at first, but I slowly understood it. (If you haven't read it, then you won't understand 'till you actually do). So, those parts intrigued me at least. The characters are alright. I liked them, and I was surprised at the end (I won't write what it is). It is kinda hard to judge each character's true intentions, because there is no clear black and white.

Anyway, what kinda brought the book down for me was the pace of the story. I really hate slow paced books, and this book is one of those books. I understand that some events were necessary to be included, but they could've been simplified, and unnecessary stuff should've been cut out. I don't know if other people who've read this book felt the same way, but I thought that pretty much 1/2 of the book was quite slow. It only got really interesting in about the last 100 pages. For a book of fantasy and adventure, I expected there to be a lot more actions or adventure in it.
However, please don't think that this book is horrible just because I wrote this. If you're interested in these types of stories, then definetly read it! I am looking forward to the 2nd book afterall. Hopefully, it'll be more interesting than this one..

No comments:

Post a Comment