Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tiger's Saga- Tiger's Curse

This book is one of those books where I've been wanting to read it for ages, but only got around to it recently. I was interested because lots of my friends said that it's a really good series. And I must say, it is pretty good!
 
So, the main plot of the story is that long ago there were 2 Indian Princes. One of the princes, Dhiren was betrayed by his brother Khisan. Khisan was in love with Dhiren's fiancee and he plotted with the girl's evil father so that he can be with her. Dhiren was kidnapped and both brothers were cursed as a tiger. Years later, Kelsey Hayes is spending her summer holiday working at the circus. She became facinated and attached to one of the animals- a white tiger whose name is Ren. One day, a man came and said that he would be buying Ren to India. However, he offered Kelsey to go with them as kind of an experience journey and to spend her summer holiday there. Kelsey agreed, not knowing how much this journey would change her....
 
I really love the characters in this book. Kelsey is an all right character though, as sometimes she can be a bit annoying. However, she likes Shakespeare and that makes me like her! Hehe, not many people appreciate Shakespeare anymore....
Anyway, my favourite character would have to be Ren. He's really interesting and so cute. I guess he really trusts Kelsey as he pretty much attaches himself to her all the time. Not in the annoying way, but guys aren't usually that comfortable around girls. Well I guess, it's also due to the fact that he didn't have much interaction with girls/people before~
I also really like Mr.Kadam as he is very supportive and wise. He's like the missing parent figure for both Kelsey and Ren, and he helps them along the way. I just think that he's a great guy, and well yeah...
 
Another thing I love about this book is the way they used Indian culture. It is very creative, and I love learning about other cultures. The languages and traditions are very interesting and I really enjoyed it!
 
Now, I'm really looking forward to reading the other books. I guess I gotta quickly catch up since the 4th book is already out and I'm only on the 1st book. I have exams soon though, so afterwards....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment