Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Great Expectations Movie 2012

Okay. Right. Please tell me that you know this classic book. If not, you should quickly go and find it at the lib or something. Although, if classic literature is not your thing, then I guess I understand....

But seriously, this is a really good book. It is written by Charles Dickens, who also wrote 'A Christmas Carol', if you're not aware of it. This book is pretty much about a poor, orphan boy named Pip. One day he met Estella who is the adopted daughter of the wealthy Ms.Havisham. Pip grows to like her, but he can not court her because, well....he's poor. Instead, Ms Havisham asks Pip to spend time with Estella everyday. Pip had also saved a convict whose name is Magwitch.Years passed, and one day Pip was offered education, and that all the expenses will be paid. He wasn't told however, who had paid for his education. Pip went and studied hard in order to become a gentleman, and hopes to be able to court Estella.

So, I guess that's a little summary of the book. But, right now I'm referring to the most recent movie. There has been a few movies made based on this book, and I must say I'm really looking forward to watching this one. Why? Well for many reasons. But the main reason is, because it has many connection to Harry Potter, even of it's just small connections. I'll tell you right now, I LOVE Harry Potter. It's like... the best!

Uhh yeah, back to this movie. So, what are these connections?

Firstly, it is directed by Mike Newell. And do you know who he is? He's the person who directed Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! See, isn't that just awesome?! And further more, 3 actors from Harry Potter appears in this film. Firstly, Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) as Ms.Havisham, Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort) as Magwitch, and Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) as Mr.Jaggers. Yup, I was screaming in exitement when I saw this XD
Helena Bonham Carter is such an amazing actress. She's so cool that I ran out of words to describe her...haha. I just loved her performance in all her movies, especially in Harry Potter, and also Alice in Wonderland (The Red Queen). And well, I think she totally suits playing Ms.Havisham. It's just gonna be awesome! ^^  I'm looking forward to seeing Ralph Fiennes and Robbie Coltrane too! Although, I'll probably keep seeing Voldemort's face when I see Ralph Fiennes..hehe :D

There you go, that's like my main reason of wanting to watch this movie. I know that they already had the screening in London, but it's only being released in NZ in March 2013. Yeah I know, so....long! But, I'll definetly go and see it when it comes out! I have great expectations of this movie! XD ^^

Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment