Monday, December 03, 2012

Clockwork Prince- Infernal Devices #2

Summary (according to Goodreads)- In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart


Wow that's a long summary. Haha anyway, I love this book!! It was a very easy 5/5 rating. I actually read this book at the start of this year. It was a school holiday and I went to Indonesia (I was born there). And I was at the airport, waiting for the plane to go to Bali. So, I decided to go to a bookstore there, and buy a book to read at the plane. When I found this book, I haven't actually read the 1st book, Clockwork Angel. However, the cover looks awesome, and it sounds very interesting. So I bought it, and read it while waiting for the plane. And I just couldn't put it down.
I read it during the flight (about 3 hours), when I got to the hotel for a few hours, and the next morning. And you know what, I finished it in that next morning. Yup, if you count the hours only, it was less than a day! I just couldn't believe how amazing it was.

I love the characters, and my favourite is Will. Oh yeah, I'm totally Team Will by the way. I don't want Jem to die, but I want Tessa to end up with Will!! Will is the kind of guy who you would think is arrogant and rude at first glance. But then if you dig deeper, he's actually just a lonely guy, who's trying to protect everyone. I just couldn't believe how miserable his life must've been. He was cursed by a demon when he was a kid, so that everyone he loved would be killed. How devastating is that?! I nearly cried though when I read the twist at the end...
I was so heartbroken when Will confessed to Tessa, but she told him that she had just accepted Jem's proposal! He seemed so sad, but he didn't want to hurt Jem so he hid his emotions. I just loved how loyal Will is to his friends. He seemed aloof and uncaring, but he just proved how much he loved Jem. He was willing to give up Tessa (whom he loves) so Jem can be happy. Ahhh just where can you find a guy like that in real life?!

Hehe sorry for ranting about Will, but he's my favourite character so yeah~
I loved the other characters too. Jem is very kind, and obviously he loves Tessa dearly too. Tessa was also an interesting character. She was brave, and she's not the kind of girl who needs saving 24/7. Which is good! However, she is also not scared to ask help when she needs it. I also loved the other characters such as Charlotte. I loved the descriptions in this book. It wasn't overly descriptive, but I could picture everything in my mind. I could imagine London, both in the Shadowhunters view and the 'normal' London. I haven't been to London myself, but if I do, I'm sure I'll be imagining the Shadowhunters' world as I explore it. The demons were also well described. Such as the vampires, werewolves, demons etc. They weren't the main plot or anything, but it was still interesting to see them weaved into the story. And hey, I love Magnus Bane!! Haha such an interesting and somehow funny character. He's quite kind too, as he was willing to help Will.

I'm just very annoyed with the love triangle though. Have I mentioned how much I hate love triangles? I'm totally in Team Will, but so far it seems like Tessa's going to end up with Jem. Oh please Cassandra Clare~ Somehow make Tessa end up with Will! He needs something happy in his life!! And Tessa makes him happy so yeah!

I really can't wait for Clockwork Princess to come out!! According to the official website, it's coming out on the 19th March 2013. So long!! Especially since I finished this book on January this year! I really hate waiting 'cause I just want to know what's going to happen~ :(

I'm sorry by the way, it's not a very long review. As I've said, I read this book a while ago, so I can't remember every single detail that happened. But anyway, if you love adventure, magic and heat-wrenching romance, read this book! I'm sure that you won't be disappointed! ^^

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Tessa decided to marry Jem! I was so sad! I know this is mean, but I hope she ditches Jem and sides with Will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah I totally agree with you! I love Jem too and I don't want him to die, but I want Tessa to end up with Will! Hopefully that'll happen in Clockwork Princess~

      Delete
    2. I hope Jem finds someone and doesn't die. I can't wait till the new one comes out! I love Cassandra Clare. I am so in love with Will, it was horrible timing that Jem proposed to Tessa right before Will professed his feelings towards her.

      Delete