Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Iron Legends

Overall rating- 4/5

Summaries (Goodreads)- Winter's Passage

Never make a promise to a faery. They always come to collect. Now Meghan Chase must fulfill her promise to Prince Ash of the Winter Court and embark upon a dangerous journey into the heart of enemy territory—while being pursued by a relentless new foe and guarding her own foolish heart.

Summer's Crossing

What can turn enemies into reluctant allies? A call from the Exile Queen, Leanansidhe, ties legendary prankster Puck to his archenemy, Prince Ash, on a journey that may end in betrayal and will set them both on an irreversible path.

Iron's Prophecy

Before she ever knew what she might become, Iron Queen Meghan Chase was warned by the oracle that her firstborn child would bring nothing but grief. And even as Meghan and Ash celebrate their long-awaited union, the prophecy stirs


Okay well since this book has 3 different novellas...I guess I'll do 3 seperate reviews in one post~
First one is for Winter's Passage:
Omg it's Ash! And Meghan! Haha I missed reading about them! I still remember how Meghan went with Ash to the Unseelie Court. That is such an interesting, little side adventure. I liked how they both struggled with their feelings, and also their oath. Especially Ash. He doesn't overdo it, if you get what I mean. Because if he was too expressive, it wouldn't suit his personality. And it also added the mystery and thrill of trying to find out his feelings. I also liked how the Wolf came out. Now I completely understand how they met before Iron Knight. Kinda wish I read this before reading that book... :P It's interesting how the Wolf said he would kill them next time, but he ended up helping Ash in Iron Knight. I feel sorry for Ash... choosing between his love and his cold mother~ Anyway, it was a good side story.

Summer's Crossing- Yay! It's Ash and Puck! Hehe I always love scenes where they came out together! They're so funny! And this time, it's from Puck's perspective. It's interesting, because we never really know how Puck feels in the actual series. But now we do. Aww poor Puck, I'm sorry but I like Ash to be with Meghan!! I like this one better than the previous story, because it really shows how Puck chose Meghan's happiness over his own. I mean, it's obvious that he had a chance to get rid of Ash, so he can get Meghan, and probably save his life in the process. But he didn't! I was so~ glad! Puck is really a kind person...
I was really scared that he was going to hand Ash to Titania..but it turned out to be a trick! Phew~ Julie Kagawa managed to trick me there.... :D

Iron's Prophecy- Whoa~ they're married! Haha, I've been wanting to read their 'after-story' for ages! The first thing I noticed is how much Ash changed. He really became kinder huh? It kinda feels strange at the start, but then it makes sense that he would change... Well Meghan haven't changed that much really, but she certainly shows more responsibility now. She's really a good character :] Ehh I don't know what to say about this one. Some things in the Lost Prince does make more sense, now that I've read this one. How Keirran was prophecied to be either a saviour or a destroyer. And it makes more sense why Meghan hid Keirran from her family. Oh, and Grim is back!! Haha I love that cat! Anyway, yup, it was a nice story~
I'm glad Meghan didn't decide to kill Keirran!

So, overall it was a nice special stories I suppose. There were other stuff in it too which was very interesting, such as a guide to the Fey world, of the characters etc. Oh and I love Julie Kagawa's little drawings of Ash, Puck and Grim! Haha very cute~ ^^

2 comments:

  1. I'm Team Ash, too. But I felt so bad for Puck when he left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH!!! I need to start picking up The Iron King. I did try to read it a while back but for who-knows-what reasons I had to put it down before I was past chapter 5... And everyone's been raving over this series and the spin-off series and just about everything Julie Kagawa writes :D

    -Alicia
    Book a World

    ReplyDelete